A Comprehensive Guide to Out The Front Knives (OTF)
An Out The Front knife is an impressive type of knife that is most often associated with military and law enforcement personnel. It is known for its quick and dependable mechanism, as well as its ability to quickly and discreetly deploy the blade with a single push of the button. Here is a comprehensive guide to OTF knives.
Advantages of OTF Knives
- Ease of Opening – a common advantage associated with OTF knives is their ease of opening. All you have to do is press a button and the blade comes out immediately.
- Discrete – OTF knives are small and discreet. You can easily hide them in your pocket or your purse without drawing attention to yourself.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – OTF knives look quite impressive, and they can add a certain flair of sophistication to your attire.
Types of OTF Knives
There are several different types of OTF knives. Here is a list of the most common types:
- Side-Opening OTF Knives – this type of knife typically slide open along one side, usually the right side. It has a single blade that flips outward.
- Double Action OTF Knives – this type of knife has a more complex design, and it can open and close the blade with just the press of a button.
- Automatic OTF Knives – this type of knife is also known as an “assisted opening” knife. It is similar to a double action OTF knife, but it uses a spring-loaded mechanism to open the blade.
Things to Consider When Buying an OTF Knife
- Blade Material – the most durable materials for OTF knives are typically stainless steel, carbon steel, and titanium.
- Comfort – make sure the knife feels comfortable in your hand and that it is not too heavy or too bulky.
- Price – OTF knives can range in price from very affordable to quite expensive. So, make sure you shop around before making your purchase.
Out The Front knives are popular for their ease of use and their discreet design. There are several different types of OTF knives available, and it is important to consider the blade material, comfort, and price when making your purchase.